CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pancake Puffs!

Have you seen this?..............



The commercial starts with the question, "Do you like pancakes?" The answer is....No, we LOVE pancakes. When the girls saw this ad on tv a few weeks ago, they could hardly contain themselves. They were so excited that they wanted to pool their own money together to buy it for themselves. They rarely love something so much that they are willing to spend their own money on it. I mean come on......turn pancakes into a finger food and fill them with something sweet and dip them in a tasty sauce? Does it get any better than that? Jenna and Megan thought this looked like one of the greatest inventions of all time.

It just so happens that my Mom called the same day we saw the Pancake Puffs commercial. She told me to start thinking of some Christmas ideas for the girls. I mentioned the Pancake Puff set and how excited they were about it. I told her that it would be a great present. Being the sweet Gram that she is, she decided to buy it for them now and not make them wait until Christmas. The girls were so excited and couldn't wait for it to arrive. (By the way, we found it on eBay much cheaper than the infomercial price.)

Six loooong days later, the UPS man delivered the package. I have never owned anything from a tv infomercial so I didn't have very high expectations. Well, let me tell you, the Pancake Puff maker did not disappoint. Here are some pics of our first delightful Pancake Puff experience.


Here's Jenna putting some raspberry filling into our first batch...........

The finished puffs. So they don't look exactly like the commercial, but pretty close. (I do have to say that they don't flip nearly as easily as they appear on the infomercial and cleanup is not a "breeze.")

Simply delightful................

The girls dipped them in regular syrup and chocolate sauce. Yum!

Now that we've got the basic hang of it, we will be making some fancier pancake puffs. I think we'll stick to the sweet ones. The girls aren't really interested in making pepperoni pizza puffs, sausage puffs or meatball puffs. Next time we're going to fill them with something light and creamy....possibly strawberries and cream cheese or whipped cream. Meg really wants to make brownie puffs so we'll try those soon too. We'll let you know how they turn out.