CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sharkarosa Wildlife Ranch

October has been a busy month with lots of fun fieldtrips. One of our favorite trips was to the Sharkarosa Wildlife Ranch, about 30 minutes north of Frisco. The highlight of the day was when the girls got up close and personal with a ring-tailed lemur. Jenna, the animal lover, was soooo excited. We also enjoyed a mini safari-like ride into the refuge where all kinds of "fun" animals came right up to our wagon....sometimes a little too close. Here are some pics from our day........

This was Jenna's favorite part of the trip. She would have stayed and played with this cute lemur all day if I let her.
Meg, who is NOT an animal lover, was afraid to get too close to most of the animals. Don't let this smiley, confident pose fool you. She managed to find the tamest, sleepiest animal and had no problem acting all brave and petting it for a photo op. I think this pony was actually asleep.....right up Meg's alley. This next picture is what I'm talking about by too close..... This camel came right up to the side of our truck looking for food. I would prefer to never get this close to a camel again. Let's just say that camels are severely lacking in the dental hygiene department.The horses, on the other hand, were very cute. We didn't mind getting close to them at all.
Here's Jenna with another lemur..... At the end of the day, the girls went on a fun barrel ride around the farm area.I'm going to try and get some more photos of our recent adventures posted over the next week so stay tuned.......