CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 30, 2008

Keepin' Cool

We're keeping busy.....mostly in the water. It has been HOT here just about every day. If I could put flames and steam rising off of the word hot, I would. Yesterday it was 88 degrees and I swear, it felt cool. Most days it's in the upper 90's and it has hit 100 degrees at least twice. During the first few days of the heat, I really felt like it was oppressive and I didn't know how I was going to make it through the summer. I have to say, that in just a few short weeks, we're used to it. It's just plain hot here and you have to get used to it or you'd go crazy. It is a dry heat most of the time, so it's not as bad as it might sound. Still, I will be very glad when October comes (yes, September is still quite warm) and it starts to consistently cool down.

A small waterpark opened up in Frisco last month. It's only 4 miles from our house so it's nice and close. Also, it's part of the Frisco Recreation Complex so, as residents, we joined the facility for only $60/month for unlimited use. It's a great deal considering most waterparks alone would cost that much for our family to go for just one day. That price includes full use of all the athletic equipment, a big indoor pool/water park and the nice, new, outdoor waterpark. We have yet to use (or even look at) the athletic equipment. I feel like if I'm outside for a few hours and it's 98 degrees, I'm sweating just as much as I would on a treadmill or stairmaster, right? The waterpark is a big hit. The girls LOVE it so we've been spending most of our time there and at our pool.

Here are a few pics of the girls at the new waterpark. This first photo shows Jenna in the lazy river. The lazy river is really nice. It winds all around the waterslides and has a little extension that leads into the big swimming pool.

Here are the two bigger waterslides. Meg prefers the smaller waterslide.
Here's Meg by the splash area.
Every 10 minutes, a bell rings and water dumps out of the big Frisco water tower.

Here are a few more pics of the girls enjoying some fun in the sun....

More updates on our summer adventures coming soon...........