We've been in Texas more than a week now. I can't say that it's fantastic and that we're thrilled to be here, but I can't say that it's horrible either. The real problem is that we loved Tennessee so it's hard for anywhere else to compare. We haven't even been here two weeks yet, so I'm still optimistic.
We are about 90% unpacked. Most of the boxes have been emptied and most rooms are fairly organized. I still feel like there's lots of clutter around, but I'm working on that. Slowly but surely, it's starting to look more homey. I will post some photos of our apartment as soon as I get it spruced up a bit (hopefully this week).
The weather has been great. Most days, it has been between 65 and 70 degrees and sunny. There is a great park down the street and we have enjoyed playing/walking there. We are planning to go to the Dallas Zoo this coming weekend.
Some of you have asked about the girls and how they are adjusting to school. That reminds me that many of you may not know that we have decided to try homeschooling, at least for the rest of this school year. We have always wanted to try homeschooling and I think that this is the perfect time to give it a whirl since we are moving in the middle of the school year. If we all like it and it works well, we plan to continue indefinitely.
Let me say this because the majority of my friends do not homeschool..... I am not anti public school. I am pro homeschooling. Jenna and Megan have been in public school for the past few years and have done very well. I'm not sure why, but I've always felt a little tug at my heart about homeschooling from the time Jenna was a toddler. I have done a lot of research and talked to lots of people that homeschool and I feel like it's the right choice for our family. For lots of reasons, I have not had the guts to try it until now. The girls are both excited about it and I think it has made their adjustment to Texas a little less stressful. So far it's going well. I'll try to post more details of our homeschooling adventures in a separate post in the future.